AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH sprayer experts help.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

SDman
Posted 3/3/2021 07:54 (#8869786 - in reply to #8869017)
Subject: RE: Case IH sprayer experts help.

Don't profess to be a sprayer guy, but the electronics you are dealing with are similar to a Steiger cab of that vintage.

Here's something I'll suggest you try. When this happens, remove the ICU cluster...and unplug it completely from the machine. If the throttle still works like it should and everything else works good, I'd bet your ICU cluster has a problem internally. If the communication system itself had problems, the engine should just revert back to low idle and would not be responsive to the throttle handle(might even have a message saying "min throttle" on the ICU message bar). Sounds to me like the communications system is working properly, but the ICU gets its engine information from the communications system, and that's where you seem to have a problem. Unfortunately, you have to update the ICU to the newer model used on later versions of that cab.

Another thing you can check for the integrity of the communications system....with the machine off, look at the connectors that plug into the back of the ICU. You should see green/yellow wires that run together and are wrapped around each other. You should get roughly 60 ohms there between the wires on the harness side of the connector. If you do, the communications system should be OK.

Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)