AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Switch location for coverage mapping on 1760 planter?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/3/2021 06:47 (#8869623 - in reply to #8869028)
Subject: RE: Switch location for coverage mapping on 1760 planter?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
That's mine in the above link. I have one on the left wing and another on the right wing. Mine are used with my Ag Leader system to work with the section clutches as well as a spray system.

These are spring loaded momentary switches which are Normally Closed. Both the switch and bracket are available from Deere. These work the opposite of a door bell push button. When the planter is in the ground, the button is not pushed and the circuit is complete. When the planter is raised, the row units drop down on their linkage and the button is pushed which breaks the circuit.

In certain situations, the row with the switch on it might fall into a hole or waterway so that the button gets pushed inappropriately. That is why I use two switches with one on each wing. If one should happen to fall into a hole, the other would keep the system planting and spraying. When I raise the planter, both buttons get pushed and the circuit is opened.

Another approach is to use a style of switch that looks a bit like a radio antenna. These are typically mounted on the frame and not on a row unit. Ag Leader has one that has two pigtails. One is wired to be Normally Open, the other is wired to be Normally Closed. When the antenna is moved off center, they reverse. Try one of the pigtails. If it works but is backwards as far as mapping ON/OFF then use the other pigtail.

Edited by tedbear 3/3/2021 06:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)