AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader App Rate Module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/3/2021 07:04 (#8869660 - in reply to #8868469)
Subject: RE: Agleader App Rate Module

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I've seen rigs that used a Raven shaft encoder for situations like this. Some of those required a pullup resistor to be added since some shaft encoder do not provide one.

Those encoders work with a Raven controller since Raven provides the pull up in their controller. I don't believe the App Rate module does.

The App Rate module works fine with a Raven flow meter without the need of an external pullup since a Raven flow meter has an internal pullup. When a Raven flow meter is used with a Raven controller there is actually a pullup in the controller AND the flow meter.

A pullup can be constructed by using a 10K ohm resistor between the Power and Signal line. I think of this like a "spring" which tries to keep the signal line at 5V or logic HIGH. The encoder shorts this to ground as it senses motion and takes the signal line to logic LOW. Once the sensor releases the signal line from ground, it returns to HIGH again. This assures a good clean pulse.

Without a pullup, resister the system is somewhat like a bale counter on a baler with a broken return spring. It might pop back up and then again maybe not.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)