AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good bale processor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

centralmnangus
Posted 3/2/2021 22:47 (#8869339 - in reply to #8868313)
Subject: RE: Good bale processor?

Ft. Ripley MN
Just went through this... ended up with a highline 651 with the feed chopper for several reasons. In my opinion I think highline is the better of the processors made, wanted the feed chopper to grind hay with, and everyone swears by the haybuster and there chains and this model has chains. It’s been working great but I’m not sure, I think I person could get by plenty fine with the two hydraulic rollers. Besides grinding hay i to wanted one to help save on bedding and to make it easier spreading cornstalks. Just hated all the shaking with the loader or skidsteer not mention if they freeze. Never had problems spreading straw tho.... been running all the bedding through the feed chopper as well, the manure spreader is gonna have a very easy job. I’ve noticed with the straw I think they last longer, still to be determined with the cornstalks though.

You can find them for $10k but it’s gonna take some looking. It seems like at that price point they get some wear on them. They hold there value quite well but it can be done. Didn’t look to much into bale king but it seems like they are well liked. If I wasn’t gonna worry about grinding hay with one I think a Vermeer 8000/Highline 650 or a haybuster 2650 would be the perfect processor. You can find them in your budget and would check all the boxes off that you were looking for. These machines tend to get great reviews. Some can be found with two remotes, they usally have an electric splitter. I suppose if all your gonna do is bedding you can just leave the deflector locked up and get buy with two remotes. Going any older then these models and you will be going to left hand discharge. I ended up going 450 miles for mine and don’t regret it one bit. Was able to save a few dollars. Good luck!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)