AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good bale processor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ricksitzmann
Posted 3/2/2021 20:14 (#8868957 - in reply to #8868917)
Subject: RE: Good bale processor?

Iowa
Have a vermeer bp8000 which is a highline and a vermeer 9000 which is not a highline.

Like the 8000 better I guess. It doesn't have the chain floor just two rotating beaters. I probably clean the net off every other week 60 bales worth. It takes about 20 minutes with a hot knife. It has 3 sets of hoses but the deflector I never plug in so you'll be fine with 2 sets of remotes. I love it paid 14k but it was about new so you'll find one in your budget.

I can't say we've done a lot of work to it but there's not many parts on it which reminds me its time to grease it. Put a new stainless floor in it this last December but on average we put a minimum of 20 bales a week through it in the winter. It'll shoot a lot farther than 30 ft but you can lower your rpm some to cut that back

We start a mound with just shaking out bales then once the mound is started use the processor to keep it fresh. Much nicer bedding, use less, faster, and easier to spread

This year I used it a lot to feed cows on stalks millet hay whenever the snow got too deep to graze

Edited by ricksitzmann 3/2/2021 20:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)