AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planter clutches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

EastOnfarmer
Posted 3/2/2021 13:15 (#8868215 - in reply to #8867921)
Subject: RE: Planter clutches

Eastern Ontario, Canada
I'd go with used Deere rowcommand clutches off the classifieds here. box clutches are harder to come by but they are out there. they go in place of your meter gearbox you have now right on the end of the pro shaft. you will need two epm's and the wire harnessing to go with it. To save some money when I did my planter, instead of the factor option of having the row unit harness with seed sensor and clutch wiring as one, I just made my own harness for the clutches. your planter may just need a short harness for each clutch and have the empty connectors waiting, but mine did not. section control for 2630 is required for automatic control. you can still control them manually without the activation. just have to change settings on 2630 on the seedstar page and row command will show up on the screen. you could also do everything the same accept use agleader clutches, (same two wires needed) but they don't work perfect with all seed discs. row command clutches stop the whole meter, agleader just blocks off vacuum and the seed falls off disk before seedtube.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)