AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is this a housing $$ bubble
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

99MAX
Posted 3/2/2021 19:51 (#8868882 - in reply to #8868571)
Subject: RE: Is this a housing $$ bubble

Stearns County, Minnesota

Hilltop Husker - 3/2/2021 16:19 Baby boomers and the reaction to counter culture got Nixon elected. He took us off the gold standard creating a fiat currency. That created stagflation and instilled things into the federal reserve that would come back to haunt the cou try later on. Later on when baby boomers themselves were finally in the position of power. That led us into the greed is good 80s opulence. The 90s yuppie put it on a credit card and buy a house because its the best investment even if we can't make the payment it will increase in value and we can always sell it. When it all collapsed baby boomers pulled all their savings out of the stock market. Furthering the blood letting. Some of them got bailed out. Others got burned but their millennial children got stung worse. The last of the boomers are heading for retirement this decade so they don't care anymore. I'm not saying it's any individual of the baby boomer generations fault. Far from it, but things were set in motion decades prior. That ruined the childhoods and lives of many millennials. Just as the farm crisis started long before it actually happened. I personally don't blame them but the sentiment exists among those 25-40. My personal belief is that it was the silent generation. The one between the greatest and the baby boomers that caused it all. Again not purposely but accidentally.

I belong to the generation between the Greatest Generation and the Baby Boomers having been born in the 30's.  So inform me, as to why my generation is the cause of all this chaos, in the financial world today?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)