AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help me build a VR NH3 bar on the cheapish.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

deereman7
Posted 3/2/2021 06:28 (#8867386 - in reply to #8866852)
Subject: RE: Help me build a VR NH3 bar on the cheapish.

Central Indiana
I'm not a trimble guy anymore, but had a 750 with a rate section controller that worked pretty slick with hiniker. Can also use a pro 700 if you have task and rate controller unlocked. I know you said cheeply but if your going to the trouble of vr NH3 i will tell you that it cheep isn't the way to go. Been there done that. In a vr application I urge you to get the nitro-alert(temp flow/blockage sensor). You will find a lot of problems in the NH3 bar. You will find your not going to have even flow, up to 25% row flow differences. The distributer are almost always junk. A vod distributer works best to get even flow, but are very expensive. Even down to starting with all new knives make a difference. The nitro alert might drive you crazy , but knowing your getting the right amount on is the key. Can't run a bar that has 20% row flow differences. It's very sensitive. Hard to believe but I have 4 tanks at coop I can't pull because of tank contaimination plugging the lines, and if you hit a little rock, the knife will probably be junk. Causes a bend in the tube ever so slightly blocking some flow. It doesn't take much fine junk to block a NH3 applicator and im using 80 mesh screen with a magnet and junk still gets through. I don't know how sand gets in NH3, but those tanks have grit, metal, and sand in them and plugs the distributor and valves.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)