AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Don't listen to me
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MaineFarmer
Posted 3/1/2021 16:27 (#8866296 - in reply to #8866252)
Subject: RE: Don't listen to me

coast of Maine
I dont raise beef but in the produce world the answer is the same in the beef world.Almost all produce buying is done by a darn few individuals in the USA.These buyers are not concerned of you or your lively hoods.Their concern is profit and a steady supply at as cheap as possible price.I call it the Walmartization of the produce /meat world.If Wally World sells for .99$ you are darn well assured JOE mart is going to need to be close to that one dollar.We see produce getting extreme pressure from Mexico/Central America even China (yuukyuk)now.I am sure no one in the government cares.What we all need to do is get rules in place for the equitable treatment of employees/animals/pesticide rules /wages etc in all foreign nations that export to the USA,you animal guys are tops in ingenuity and hard work,,us produce guys are not as tough but we deal in an extremely perishable product that cant be held to ease any over production.So only the voices of many ,,we need just a level playing field or we all go the way of the auto industry. in the USA..a shell of its former self.I know USA farmers are producing the best and perhaps the safest in the world but the douche bags in DC have no idea how bad it is for some foreign products trail of tears
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)