AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NMEA output from Starfire 600 to Case IH Pro 700
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

k.ucera
Posted 3/1/2021 13:48 (#8866062)
Subject: NMEA output from Starfire 600 to Case IH Pro 700

I have a Case IH Af7120 combine with a John Deere ATU. Running a 2630 display with the Starfire 6000 receiver. The combine uses a Pro 700 to run. I've purchased the AE3070 Y cable from AgExpress. I've gone into the 2630 and the Baud rate defaulted as 38,400. I'm told that I need to check off the GGA, RMC and VTG messages with a value of 5hz. The JD side seems to be working fine, but when hooked up to the Pro 700 display, I'm not getting any values.

Are there some settings I need to change in the Pro 700 in order to receive the NMEA output from the JD receiver? I've seen in some forums that I need to have a baud rate of 19,200, but once switching that, I don't have any signals either. The connection type I have set as "Other" since I'm not running Case RTK or Trimble corrections, and GPS location I have grain tank listed though I am not running a 262, or 372 receiver. Connection Type is listed as RS232-A which has been standard on my combine.

Any other settings that I need to be checking in order to get these two systems to communicate?

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)