AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Firestone tires
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Trint
Posted 3/1/2021 20:38 (#8866891 - in reply to #8866172)
Subject: RE: Firestone tires

North Central OH
Lone Cedar - 3/1/2021 16:05

Direct Injected - 3/1/2021 13:09

Get several miles in the summer moving equipment haying. Hold up decent doing that or should I look at the next step up? Thanks

If the dry traction of a 23 degree lug pattern is not of critical importance and they're going on a tractor that does a lot of road time, I might try to price a set of Mitas tires if anyone in your area reps them. They're supposed to be a similar to design to Michelin, but USA made and pretty reasonable cost.

I've not owned either Mitas or EVO personally, so really can't give any direct testimonials about either, but my tire guy seemed to have overall good things to say about Mitas. The last set I bought, I ended up with deep tread 23 Firestones due to the rebates they had at the time and how I was going to use the tractor they were going on. I came really close to saving some $ and putting on a set of Mitas, though.

Firstone evos were cheaper than mitas when I got fronts a month ago. Went with the mitas as I was afraid of size mis match that I had seen on nat and non of the local suppliers could vouch for the evos. If just on the rear or doing a whole mfwd they are probably ok but are a cheapened casing.

The mitas I got are softer than the last firestones I got, but are supposed to ride better and flex more. Time will tell but dealer is fond of them, made in usa too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)