AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sorry for the non farm people
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WTW
Posted 3/1/2021 10:53 (#8865758 - in reply to #8865718)
Subject: RE: Sorry for the non farm people

Winkler, Manitoba Canada
Chris - 3/1/2021 09:31

This is an screen shot of a guy in Austin, Texas.  He's waited 13 days for a plumber to fix his pipes.

I strongly believe that if he'd grown up on a ranch or farm he would have headed out to a hardware or big box store, bought what he need to at least do a temporary fix. I've been privileged to have friends that were doctors, lawyers, bankers and other professionals that grew up on farms and they still fix a lot of stuff.  One friend that was a doctor rebuilt part of his fuel injection on his car.  One other designed and built most of his house as well as the heating unit.

So I'm not making fun of this poor guy who looks capable and healthy, I just think we've lost something by moving away from the rural community.

Your idea may be generally correct but certainly does not apply in a lot of situations. I have a brother in law who grew up on the farm that could not do any significant repairs. His son, who grew up in the city does all sorts of repairs/building despite not having seen/experienced that growing up. Aptitudes/gifitings are very different. Both medical doctors however.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)