AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Carport style Shed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Skyhighballoon(MO)
Posted 3/1/2021 11:11 (#8865788 - in reply to #8865702)
Subject: RE: Carport style Shed?

Pilot Grove, Missouri
I got a couple for equipment storage. Carolina one is 18'x31'x8 foot high with 6 foot of side panels, six mobile home anchors, side rails set on short solid concrete blocks and all gravel base for the install area. Install crew on that one was great. I park a variety of stuff in this one - a 13' combine grain head, small 500 gallon/40' boom sprayer, utility tractor and a 6x12' single axle trailer. The ends face north and south so unfortunately snow blows but that was how it had to be laid out.

The second is a All Steel, 12'X26'x10' high for my C60 straight truck. Material quality I think is about the same between the two but the installers on this one were horrible - long story but ended up throwing the install crew off my property after it was well past dark (they had no work lights) and the anchoring job was turning into a cluster. My oldest son & me doing most of the anchoring work ourselves the n next few days...got a $150 refund from the company and couple year extension on the rust out warranty as a result. I put 9' of sides on this one myself and plan to eventually box in one end as well. It faces east/west so snow doesn't blow in on the grain truck much.

I am fairly satisfied for what they are and what I have invested in them (about $2500 each all said and done including site prep/gravel). But I don't plan on any more either. A good or bad crew will make or break you in terms of the finished result. Make sure you ask up front for a crew that someone can speak English when they schedule the install (big problem with my 2nd one). Be sure to be there to supervise 100% of time too for the install.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)