AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef butchering question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

behog
Posted 3/1/2021 21:29 (#8867052 - in reply to #8865128)
Subject: RE: Beef butchering question

frederick, MD
I direct market to consumers. Not beef, but been doing it awhile and thought I would try to help you out.

We worry to much about what we charge the customer. Some on here have said talk them into buying the ground beef, or make them find someone for it. I disagree. Give the customer what they want. They take all the steaks and you charge them according. How much ground beef can you sell if it’s only 1 dollars a pound. Or 2 dollars a pound. Idk the answer. Maybe you can’t sell the burger Very well. If that’s the case then price the steak accordingly and feed the burger to the dogs.

Whatever the customer wants I give them, even if I don’t have it. Had a customer called a few weeks ago. Wanted something I don’t have. Okay, sure. I gave them a price that was triple what it should of been. I knew where I could source it, but wasn’t sure on what it Would cost, so I had to cover my rear. . They said sure. Ask if I could deliver. Well sure.

The farmer I got it from I told him upfront what I was doing. I even gave him a few extra bucks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)