AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Db bar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmboy99
Posted 3/1/2021 07:15 (#8865313 - in reply to #8865040)
Subject: RE: Db bar

SE South Dakota
I have done this many times. Take a length of #9 wire a bit longer than you need to go thru the tube. Put one end in a vise. Take a large cotter key and put in a variable speed hand drill. Hook the other end of the #9 wire into the lope of the cotter key. Bend the wire around so it is secure in the cotter pin. Now wear eye protection and gloves, slowly!!!! start the drill to spin the wire. It will stiffen/straighten the wire perfectly straight. Then you can push it thru the tube. It works!
Be gentle, slow speed, with the drill at first. After a little practice you will know just how much to twist the wire to make it straight. Too much and it will break. Maybe practice with a short piece of wire to get the hang of what you are doing.

The wire will then be used to pull your hyd hose thru the tube. Fish the wire only from one end of the tube to the other. Because the wire is perfectly straight it will be easy to push thru the tube. I would then stick the wire in the end of the hose a bit and use black tape to connect the two. Be sure it is secure. Make the straightened wire long enough.

My brother-in-law, who is about as clever a person as there is, taught me this. I'm going to do just this as one of the hyd hoses on my planter is damaged and needs replacement.

Good luck, be careful. Jim J

Edited by farmboy99 3/1/2021 07:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)