AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sunday adventure, church and a new puppy and farm life pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GreenRedandRusty
Posted 3/1/2021 15:11 (#8866177 - in reply to #8865354)
Subject: RE: Sunday adventure, church and a new puppy and farm life pictures

Funacres - 3/1/2021 06:35

Thanks for this post.  It is dissappointing to me not to be able to find a church like that.  I'm very tired of the "modern" way of worshiping.  I long for real preaching without all the multi-media stuff, and don't understand the purpose of preaching without a serious invitation time afterward.

The old hymns will never be replaced with the pop music that gets introduced every few weeks now days.  Go ahead an feel free to call me ol' fashioned.  You will be correct!

BTW, the steam fog (smoke) and the dancing laser lights are foolish at best.  I'd rather the conviction of the Holy Spirit be felt than the made man antics be seen. 

We have a couple of services a month, usually Saturday night that are a more modern service with modern music. We have an extensive list of songs that we go through making sure they have the true and correct message in them. The modern service isn't really for me however I attended once in a while cuz I'm an elder and sometimes I'm on a Saturday evening service. Some of the songs are pretty darn good I have to admit it. I do love the old music the old fashioned hymns and liturgy, but once in a while I don't mind the newer music. The more important part is, it is drawing in a lot of younger families, families that didn't have a church home before and we have a vibrant in growing congregation, part of it because of that service. Surprisingly we have some senior citizens that also enjoy the service. I'm not young but I'm not old and I can see how it appeals to a lot of them. Above all however, we make sure that the preaching and teaching is correct to God's word.

Edited by GreenRedandRusty 3/1/2021 15:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)