AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ford 6.7 diesel DEF fault code
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

marbro1
Posted 2/28/2021 20:25 (#8864775)
Subject: Ford 6.7 diesel DEF fault code

Southwest Iowa
So driving home today, my 2015 F-350 decided to throw a couple fault codes at me. The first one said that I’d be limited to 50 mph after a restart. After 30 miles or so, without doing a restart, the next code said the engine would be idled soon. I did make it home without incident, but after a restart, it basically put me into limp mode and while in drive, won’t idle over 8-900 rpm and won’t go over 8-10 mph.

A few months ago, I did replace the DEF tank since I had a fault show up and we were sure it had something to do with the heating unit. A couple weeks ago, I got a similar fault so I took it to the guy that does the maintenance on our vehicles and we got it up on the hoist to see if any of the plug ins came undone or something was wrong with the new tank. But everything looked good. He was able to google a procedure to do while driving that we thought at the time reset the computer and all was good. But with it happening again, so soon, there’s gotta be an issue that needs addressed.

Deleting the DEF is probably the best option, but might not happen in the near future. Other than that, has anybody had these same faults show up for them and if so, do you remember what the cure is? My opinion on all this DEF stuff has been pretty neutral but it’s really starting to lean towards “this crap is pissing me off” attitude.

Thanks for any help you might have!

Edited by marbro1 2/28/2021 20:26

(20210228_174123 (full).jpg)

(20210228_161813 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20210228_174123 (full).jpg (131KB - 16 downloads)
Attachments 20210228_161813 (full).jpg (94KB - 17 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)