AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Calving Barn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 3/1/2021 02:20 (#8865126 - in reply to #8864711)
Subject: RE: My Calving Barn

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
That is a nice place to calve. Here we have have no trees other than Juniper trees at higher elevations. We do have some limited tree rows that were planted on F.S. lands after the 30's to protect soil from erosion after the dirty 30's and man realized this ground should have never been plowed out of grass. In those tree rows they used Russian Olive tress, oh how I hate those tire eating weeds! There was a big push ten years or so ago to remove all government tree rows to help remove avian predator's(crows) to help Sage Grouse. As bad as I hate Russian Olive trees I was glad F.S. put their foot down to stop their removal.

These tree rows are all on Forest Service land in the valley, they are fenced off for the most part to keep cattle out of them. In some places government used their water rights to irrigate them to establish them in the early years. For the last 30+ years government has let their fences go, and the only fence around these trees rows are where private lands exist on the other side of these tree rows.

Those radical environmental groups even were pushing to remove all our power lines in the area to help stop nesting of crows. These radical groups only care about their money and suing federal government to pad their pockets. They don't care if all powerlines were removed from a town of people.

After seeing what Antifa and BLM groups have done to this country it makes our environmental groups like Western Water sheds and SUWA look like saints, at least these environmental groups don't rage a lot damage on lands, they did some in the past. They prefer to go to court and be awarded money though frivolous lawsuits because government loses on procedure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)