AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JB Tractor LLC ?’s
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Lone Wolf Picker
Posted 2/28/2021 20:54 (#8864872 - in reply to #8864853)
Subject: RE: JB Tractor LLC ?’s

Black Hawk County, IA
pmartens07 - 2/28/2021 19:47

I would be careful, I bought a Fendt 724 from them in early 2020. Was supposed to have 3500hrs, looked good and had new tires, had a bunch of bells and whistles I hadn’t been looking for but were nice and the price was not bad.

After we had used it for about a week we noticed that it was bucking and jerking, over the next hour that got worse. We had our mechanic dig into it and found that the brakes for the front axle were seized up, which he thought was weird so he dug deeper yet and found that there was a service record for that tractor in England in 2018 with 8600hrs on already at that point.

When I brought that up to Bas in connection with the issues I offered to sort out the issues myself if he paid back the difference in going market rate for a 3500hr tractor and an 8600hr tractor, about $50k. He sent a check returning all $109,000 right away and once it cleared he sent a truck.

I guess what I’m saying is that he seemed decent to deal with, even when the deal got sour but he also was mixed up with a tractor that had the hour meter messed with.

Thank you Peter, that is exactly what I’m looking for. Whether they are reputable or not. All used tractors are going to have issues eventually. Would like to get at least a year out of it before something falls off or locks up. J
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)