AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help with AgLeader and Montag
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/1/2021 07:43 (#8865372 - in reply to #8865083)
Subject: RE: Need help with AgLeader and Montag

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Twister - 2/28/2021 23:05

Have a CFR entered and implement switch in operating position? If it isn’t throwing an error for rate not responding then something isn’t setup right or it thinks the implement is in the air.

Concerning the implement switch: As I understand your rig, you have a Liquid Product Control Module for NH3 and a Strip-till Module for a dry product. Each module needs a implement switch. They could use separate implement switches or they can use a single implement switch that is shared. For testing a jumper could be used in each.

Ag Leader has a splitter harness to allow one implement switch to signal both modules. I just made my own. Take power from one implement switch connector, run it to the implement switch. The other wire from the implement switch can be split to signal each module.

I need to do this with my planter. I made this rather confusing harness: I have two real implement switches and a Manual override. My harness connects these switches to 3 different modules on my planter. The switches are wired together in parallel with the output then splitting to three branches. Normally the Manual override switch is OFF so either real implement switch can signal all three modules that the planter is down.

I use two implement switches to cover the possibility that if one should fall into a "hole" then the other would keep the planter planting. The Manual override switch is for testing. I can also use it in other unusual situations.

Another important step that you may have missed is calibrating the CFR for a product for your testing. The Ag Leader folks force us into performing a catch test for each product. The system uses the CFR value, encoder value, target rate, ground speed, width and other factors to determine the correct metering speed. The system will not operate without at least a fake CFR for the product you are indicating for your dry run test.

I've gotten tripped up on that step with other application modules. The Wizard tells you step by step instructions and I just go through those. It may say something like meter out a certain amount and then weigh it and enter in the results or something of that nature. Just play the game and even though you don't have any product just enter in a reasonable value. Later when the real product is available then the Wizard should be performed again to get an accurate CFR number for each actual product.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)