AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Online auction strategy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

PeteMN
Posted 2/28/2021 21:18 (#8864935 - in reply to #8864515)
Subject: RE: Online auction strategy

E.Central MN
I think it's getting harder and harder to find a bargain at auctions, especially the online ones. But it is nice to be able to bid on an item when it's half way across the state and you don't feel like driving two hours just to see what an item sells for. I don't understand auction time though, some stuff seems to close at ridiculously low prices. - I assume that it didn't meet the owner's reserve and didn't actually sell. Not sure if there are any good strategies for online auctions, depends on who can use an item and who's watching it when the items close. I think the only guys getting the bargains now are the scrap buyers who bid on the lots of misc heavy stuff that most people don't have a use for or the internet resellers that buy large lots of new items that most buyers might only want one or two of, not 30. Saw a bunch of new OEM sickles at a dealer consignment auction that were banded together on a skid, probably would have brought 10 times the money if the auction company had split the lot into individual sickles. Somebody got a deal.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)