AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Automatic waterer recommendations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JCSOK
Posted 2/28/2021 20:29 (#8864788 - in reply to #8863728)
Subject: RE: Automatic waterer recommendations

I'm in central Oklahoma. Few of my water tanks have electricity nearby. I have several tire tanks and metal tanks make from grain bin rings. All have water plumbed into the center with a float. It's not too bad chopping ice in the mornings from around the floats. That being said, I have to add a few more tanks to get rid of pond usage.

Here's my plan, courtesy of Lacockcattleco, of NE Montana, who posted the following: https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=977294&mid=879...

I just started this project 2 days ago. I purchased a few sticks of 12" SRD 35 pvc, comes in 14' joints, cost $12.15/f. I have a skidsteer with a 12" auger with an extension. I can drill down about 7', and will have a couple of ft in the tire. Pushed the pipe in with the skidsteer bucket, and pounded a few times. Poured a sack of Quickcrete and water in the bottom, used a 10' 2x4 to level and settle the concrete. Have ordered some 12" rubber caps with stainless screw type hose clamps. Prices on the internet are all over, from $68 to $124 per cap. The place in OKC priced them at $55. Plumbed the water inside the 12" pipe with a bulkhead fitting as Lacock suggests. However, I'm adding a ball valve inside the 12" pipe to be able to cut the water off. Will drill a couple 1" holes in the 12" pipe to allow water into the tire tank. Holes will be at least 4" above the concrete in the tire center, so that junk won't fill tube as easily. Stay tuned for further updates.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)