AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS which brand is simple and best
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MN Dave 2
Posted 2/28/2021 09:38 (#8863227 - in reply to #8863106)
Subject: RE: GPS which brand is simple and best

We started out with EZ steer 500 finger pincher in a wheeled 4X4. It worked ok, it was way better than nothing. I tried the same setup in our 2188 combine and it was a disaster. After a few years, our terrain compensator box puked for the 2nd time and we traded to a EZ steer 700. It never did work as well as the 500 did. During this time we also had a JD 2630 in our planter/sprayer/side dresser tractor and then moved it to our combine in the fall. We cut our beans at a 10 degree angle and we also have row sense/cat wiskers on our corn head. They both work fantastic. In the old days, I had no trouble staying on the row, picking corn at 3-3.5mph. Now we're driving 5-5.5mph + sidewinding. It's a total different world. It's kinda like comparing the family sedan to a NASCAR race car, yes they kinda look alike and both go down the road and one costs a lot more than the other, but there is no comparison. We traded the 4x4 off and I have a JD2600 in a 9430T which works fantastic. Simple, best and cheapest seldom are the same product. Many years ago one of our local farm machinery salesman had a sign in his office. It read "yes, you can save money and go the cheap route, but then you have to use it." It's very true. We all like to save money, but if the product doesn't perform up to expectations, how cheap was it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)