AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strategy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

RCR
Posted 2/28/2021 00:09 (#8862771 - in reply to #8862754)
Subject: RE: Strategy

SW Ohio
I find calls a waste of money if you buy them. I sell more than buy. Unless you hedge the bottom side and buy calls. Buying calls and doing nothing is bad. Selling futures and buying calls worked this past fall.

I got sucked in two springs ago and we ran up and you could buy 5.00 calls for Dec for .20. 4.5 futures maybe. I bought some and we went in the toilet.

I like buying puts to put in floor. Selling calls above levels I'm happy selling at. Dont sell calls if you don't understand them. But dont jump into them when we already had a huge run-up.

Unless...you think drought monitor shows average or below crop, then 08 or 12 event, owning calls makes sense there.

5.00 Dec 21 call was .38 cents a few days ago. Above 5.4 to get call money back if you buy there. I sold it for .38 and will get5.38 if Dec trades over 5.00 at expiration in november.

Get floors in through crop insurance or puts or some sold futures. Buy calls when you have that floor. Getting in after big rallies slaughtered me cause I bulled up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)