AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

One of the pitfalls of a salary.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 2/27/2021 16:26 (#8861967 - in reply to #8861844)
Subject: RE: One of the pitfalls of a salary.

central - east central Minnesota -

nebfarmer - 2/27/2021 14:56 I know a fella via Agtalk from down in Mississippi that retired about 2 years ago. He used to have a half a dozen employees all salaried And when he laid them off when he retired One of them decided he had some past due wages coming. Lawyers became involved in the last time I talked to him his attorney told him he thought they could get by with a little over a quarter million dollars in back wages and overtime and another $100, 000 in fica taxes and penalties. I think he still read agtalk and he may or may not chime in but I kind of wish he would

Even thought Ag is generally exempted, when talking salaried pay - there are circumstances where too many hours and/or working conditions exceed the exemptions. It is always best to involve a Very GOOD Experienced Attorney in the practice of employee wages/benefits. There are case's where BTO's would have the Workers sign on as "contract" workers. It's a very slippery slope, but could work - generally not in the favor of the Worker

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)