AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mobile Record Keeping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 2/27/2021 15:29 (#8861888 - in reply to #8861180)
Subject: RE: Mobile Record Keeping

SE Manitoba
gmc_farms - 2/27/2021 08:26

What's everyone's preferred APP or software for mobile record keeping? Calving, breeding,vaccinations, treatments, semen tank inventory, weights, etc. ?

I am still old fashion and use the calf book, calendar and notebook. I need to make my records more available to me, especially remotely. I just want to become more efficient moving forward.

Suggestions for a STO spring calving cow herd?

IMO as far as a general application that covers all of this - - - - good luck.

For me this wouldn't be an option but you could always use google apps and share them with your 'smart' (which I call a stupid) phone.
That would be one way of extending your present without too much change.
You still wouldn't have everything linked though.
(For me the big issue with this option is that you give Google the rights to paw through your information and sell whatever they find salable (likely quite a bit more than you might think) - - - - so this could work but not for me.)

A second option is to find farm management software - - - likely cost you into the 4 or 5 digits for purchase and then you just plug numbers or information in where ever.

A third option is to convert you present manual options into something yourself.
Likely the most work but then you will be able to do what YOU want to do not what some programmer in India thinks you might want to do.

Any one of these options is going to change your work flow and its process.
They will all likely take far more than you had initially thought of or counted on for cost and/or time.
If you believe what the sales'person' for any of these options tells you - - - well - - - you will likely kick yourself down the road.
Computer software sales makes used car salesmen look positively angelic imo!

HTH
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)