AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soil Carbon News - Modern Farmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Jrditchdigger
Posted 2/27/2021 10:05 (#8861378 - in reply to #8860101)
Subject: RE: Soil Carbon News - Modern Farmer

Southern MN
From one source I have read if the Paris accord is followed to the letter by all involved the best case effect to our climate would be .4 degree Celsius drop 100 years from now. Would lower the worlds projected GNP (not sure if that is entire world or just participating countries) by 8%. I wish there would be more work done on how bloody the road is going to be as far as costs and needless deaths caused by economic destruction on the road to this ever so slightly cooler new world.
But if sequestration is the road to profitability I for one will follow along, as will most of you. I do believe there is a lot that we don’t know and many interesting things that are starting to be learned about production ag. On one hand wish I was younger as new challenges kind of rejuvenate me, on the other hand I am glad I am old enough that I can hand all the paperwork BS and all the blood letting that being on the cutting edge does over to the younger generation. If we can raise a good crop without any tillage and far fewer man made chemicals and fertilizers I am all for it. If attainable will take much more management and may be an opportunity for some that they wouldn’t have otherwise.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)