AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Aftermarket autosteer valve question?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WTW
Posted 2/25/2021 19:54 (#8858281 - in reply to #8857816)
Subject: RE: Aftermarket autosteer valve question?

Winkler, Manitoba Canada
fox128 - 2/25/2021 15:46

I did select 12 volt vickers, assuming it wouldn’t/couldn’t be 24.
Edit it says 24v on the side of the control solenoid but don’t know how it would make 24, and it did ask about 12 or 24 until after calibration was basically complete...

I also think it may be load sense related, I just don’t know much about how it works or where to start diagnosing it...

Have done some work to make a load sensing steering valve get along with the tractor that it is mounted on, although not with this particular valve and tractor. Basically the valve typically comes with an orifice of an appropriate size in the load sense line to allow the valve to command the pump to produce pressure in a timely fashion and then also bleed off the pressure to allow the pump to come back to neutral. There will always be standby pressure in the load sense line, typically a few hundreds pounds at neutral. Sometimes the orifice does not match the tractor for whatever reason. I have removed the orifice completely and installed a needle valve to allow adjustment to this flow. Usually fairly easy then to get the system to work. Putting a tee in the load sense line with a gauge allows one to observe the effect adjustments make.

Edited by WTW 2/25/2021 19:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)