AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Carpal tunnel surgery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ks-notill
Posted 2/25/2021 23:14 (#8858729 - in reply to #8858508)
Subject: RE: Carpal tunnel surgery

I was around 40 when mine started. I fought it for about 10 years. Driving a tractor was bad, put a spinner knob on the steering wheel and that helped. Wore braces occasionally, slept on my side with my palm flat on the bed and my elbow straight up in the air helped too.

The I heard about the nebraska hand and shoulder institute. They did a bunch of tests and then I went to Omaha for surgery in two consecutive days. I chose to stay awake for the procedure, I think the actual surgery part took about 1 minute. The Dr.
supposedly has a world record for someone having it done and missing no work. They did it over a noon hour and the person was back to work by 1! Yes, the doctor is a little eccentric. But he is good. My symptoms were gone the next morning.

If you sleep with your arm bent and certain fingers get numb, they can do the same procedure to your elbow joint all in one surgery.. But you have to be put under for that. I should have had that done, but didn't think I needed to. Now I regret it because I do have a little trouble with it.

I felt kinda dumb for waiting 10 years after I found out how easy it was to get fixed. Dr's name is Dolf Ichtertz. He is a character, but did a good job for me. I think he said he had done over 20,000 carpal tunnel surgeries.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)