AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Palm fat in canadian butter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 2/25/2021 07:08 (#8856745 - in reply to #8856612)
Subject: RE: Palm fat in canadian butter

SE Manitoba
Supa Dexta - 2/25/2021 05:35

I hope the consumer sticks to their guns of either demanding they don't want oddball things added to their food chain (beit good, bad, or insignificant), or it's clearly marked on products so the consumer can decide if they want to support farmers/products who use it or not.

My challenge is your term 'oddball things'.

I would not think of feeding apples to hogs and yet I'm told it makes for very very tasty pork.
Dunno if its still done but heard that from a former Nova Scotia ag guy.
Most citiods would likely think that feedstuff to be weird.

Labeling requirements in Canuckistan are already absolutely asinine - - - - and you want to make them more complicated?
I hope to crap not!!!!

If that is the case then a farmer like yourself whose operation is less than 20 km (15 miles) from any kind of refinery or processing plant would need to be listing the 'poor air' components ingested.

This is a can of worms that needs to be firmly destroyed!

Mind you I've heard of chicken litter, cement, backery waste, sawdust and likely other things that I would rather never see in a cow critter's ration.
But this kind of thing happens when its the $$$$ return is the only thing considered in ration development.

(Now if you were to feed bakery waste to hogs - - - - I think they might really like that - - - grin!)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)