AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did we learn anything from last week?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

68milkman
Posted 2/24/2021 21:12 (#8856315 - in reply to #8856105)
Subject: RE: Did we learn anything from last week?

Monett Missouri
Yes there are vent less natural gas heaters that won't require any power. I can't answer about the propane heaters attached to the grill tank, but I know you couldn't buy a jug of propane anywhere near me last week. I have lived through 3 long term power outages. All ice storms. 1977 No generator at our newer house when I was a kid. Old kerosene heaters to keep the pipes from freezing. It took forever to get the smell out of the house. number 2 I was 18 years old. We had a 4500 gas powered generator. Kept the fireplace insert going at night and followed the milk truck around during the day to pump milk. We got by. 2007 ice storm no power for 11 days. Dad had a 25kw pto at his house, he ran everything he wanted. LOL. I'm up the road with a young family and the 10k welder/genertor worked great except getting gas was troublesome. Iced up fuel line on generator from bad gas caused problems. We ran everything we needed to to survive. Propane furnace worked great. Double throw box was added to house when I moved in. Now I have a new 15kw pto that we have never had to use since. I wont ever be without a generator!!! I always have plenty of diesel on hand and several tractors. I hate not being prepared for something. I always thought a standby gen hooked to natural gas was the ultimate but after last week I'd have it hooked to a propane tank so I know I had fuel. What would be worse than having a genset and no fuel to run it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)