AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which vaccine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 2/26/2021 05:24 (#8858826 - in reply to #8858675)
Subject: RE: BULL

Faunsdale, AL
Johnny, I’ll leave the question of the vaccine “working” alone. With millions of people vaccinated worldwide I think the proof will be in the pudding so to speak.

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/there-are-four-types-covid-19-vacc...

This site tracks vaccine candidates world-wide. They list 15 whole virus vaccine candidates under development.

China has 3 different whole virus vaccines in use or in trials now including the Sinovac they are trialing in various countries. India has one in 3rd stage trials as does Russia with its Sputnik V.

On one hand, I personally think it’s a case for a Darwin Award that folks will make up spurious reasons like whether these things are called vaccines or not as a reason to avoid getting vaccinated. Or maybe it’s just something to argue about online!

On the other hand, I understand that to return this country and the world to some semblance of normal commerce and travel, this pandemic must be controlled. Short of using UV light inside the body or bleach somehow, it seems like vaccines are the road that’ll get us there. So, I want the whole program to work and cases of Covid-19 to become a rare event, mostly seen in those few people that did not respond to the vaccines they have taken.

There are people who are against vaccination of any kind for various reasons and probably others that have questions about who is making money off vaccine production. There’s probably some that are ok with every other vaccine except those against COVID-19 and for sure a bunch that just don’t like shots. The program to get the whole world vaccinated is a probably a trigger for some of these as well as the anti globalists and others that worry about state actors eroding their freedoms. That’s unfortunate, but this situation is upon us and must be dealt with in the best and quickest way possible.

So, it’s important to push back against misinformation being posted online. I do the same in person in my community.

For a while, most people had no chance of getting a dose but the supply side of this thing is going to bust loose soon and then it’ll be down to the logistics of getting shots in arms. That in itself will be a challenge.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)