AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DO you have an on farm store where you sell......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chuck WI
Posted 2/24/2021 08:53 (#8854856 - in reply to #8854584)
Subject: RE: DO you have an on farm store where you sell......

Joe, everything you said I agree with and could have written only not as well. 

We grew and sold strawberries for 26 years and experienced pretty much everything you have. Quality is always number one. If you sell a quality product people will find you and tell their friends. If you don’t have quality they will tell everyone.

Employees can make or break you. When you can get the employees to buy Into the business they will sell for you. We always considered our employees to be part of our business family. Treat them like family and they will usually care for the business.

Getting to know the inspector ahead of a project and working with them always makes things go better. Knowing ahead of time how a drain is suppose to go or the type of wall you need is a lot easier to comply with then having to retrofit something in.

Plan ahead for driveways, a thirty foot culvert is not any to big for semi traffic. A loading dock may not seem necessary but when you are unloading glass it is nice. It always takes more room then you think for deliveries and parking. I agree with Joe on separating driveways from personal and business.

Once you determine your customer mix you can target advertising to who you have coming in. Social media works for quite a few but not all. You can overspend on advertising so choose wisely. 

If there is an organization or group that specializes in what you want to do, join and become a part of it. That could be the best money spent as a lot of mistakes have been made, learn from them, you don’t have to make them all yourself.

If I get a little more time I will think about it and see if I can add something else.

Chuck 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)