AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problems with USPS?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boog
Posted 2/24/2021 21:15 (#8856329 - in reply to #8855934)
Subject: RE: Explain this................

Thats one reason when I have a large payment due, ie: loan payment, tax payment, etc, I always send it certified mail with return receipt. Several years ago I made a tractor payment, luckily sent it certified with return receipt. Cancel check didnt come through but passed it off that it came in after bank mailed statement out, this was back in the '70s. A couple weeks later zi got a call from a collection agency sayingnI hadn't made my payment. Told them I had the recept showing when mailed & the signed card where it had been signed for. Made a copy & sent it to them, After a couple weeks I got a call back from the loan company, admitted that obviously they had received the check but they lost it "in house". They apologized for the mistake, waived any additional finance charges, made sure it was removed from my credit standing that I was in default on the loan, and paid to have the fees " stop payment " charges on the original check. At the time it was ~ $2.35 for certified mail, just mailed in my Fed taxes & now it's $7.00. That $2.35 was money well spent
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)