AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"gods" plans. Part 2.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Offroadnt
Posted 2/27/2021 07:16 (#8861023 - in reply to #8857652)
Subject: RE: "gods" plans. Part 2.

Southern Alberta Canada
Steigermorepower - 2/25/2021 13:44

mnfarmer213 - 2/23/2021 18:01

I find it alarming there are still so many deluded individuals in our modern society that are mindlessly devoted to perpetuating fictional stories about a "mythical sky father" and the "magical sky land" that "he" made for them after they die. They also believe the absurdity that "he" sent a medieval version of Bob the Builder to live with us on Earth over 2000 years ago. Pure insanity.

You haven’t had that moment yet.
But let’s say for argument sake your right.
I’ve seen alot more good come out of that book than bad.

There’s a whole argument in that statement.
But it’s true.

Book is called the living word for a reason.

Now with all that said.
The abuse of the good book and misunderstanding.

Then it boils back to interpretation.
That’s where it’s tricky.

Most are lucky to have good parents.
But even if you don’t believe.
It can be a savior for those that are misguided.

A good preacher will change lives and will provide a benefit to any community.
It’s not easy work.

We can knit pick anything apart.

Alcohol was a stickler. Well it’s more about over use of alcohol and so some chicken plucked a scripture.
With out a overall understanding.

I don’t drink often if not at all.
But it’s a example.

Bad things have happened over religion but it was a misguiding issue and misunderstanding.

There are many good people that are not religious at all.

There are many good parents that are not religious.

There are many good works of literature that have no basis in religion.

Miracles happen every day and religion has nothing to do with the vast majority. I know I could have died several times before now but here I am yet nearby people (some very religious) are dying from sometimes very inconsequential incidents. Even the stories in this thread of people "healing" overnight, was it prayer or just coincidence? Doctors are only human and like weather forcasters, mechanics and the rest of us they are relying on knowledge, training, bias, instinct to predict the most likely outcome in their opinion. As we see everyday nature may have different ideas and nature ultimately makes the call.

The best thing about religion in most cases is it helps people pass time but like any other social entity there is hierarchy and political structure. It is no different than being in any other group.

It could be argued religion has done far more damage than many realize. In many ways it is what contributes to western society colonizing most of the world. People heading out to far points of the world on missions to tame the savages and turn them to Christianity.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)