AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"gods" plans. Part 2.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kipps
Posted 2/24/2021 10:00 (#8855014 - in reply to #8854959)
Subject: RE: "gods" plans. Part 2.

Madison Co. Virginia
OntarioCanuck - 2/24/2021 10:38
Where are these 'eye witness' reports. only reportsĀ I am aware of are old stories written years after it was supposed to have happenedĀ 

the only ones I'm aware of are the mentions made in the gospels. These would have been first hand accounts by several of the authors. I've never read Josephus, but as far as I know, he doesn't include any of these eye witness accounts.

In relation to the improbable chances of the earth just happening to come to be, this is a relatively empty argument in light of the multiple-universe theories. Given an infinite number of parallel universes, one of them will reach our level of sophistication. Of course, it also sounds a lot like a cop-out theory to me. Then again, you see the Biblical historical narrative as a cop-out as well.

Ultimately, it seems the old saying I've heard makes more sense all along -- Science concerns itself with "how" it happened, and Religion gives the reasons "why."

I also like a statement I've heard by John Clayton. Scientists and Preachers are both in the business of seeking truth. If the search is genuine on both sides, they will ultimately reach an agreement.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)