AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hip replacement recovery?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

endrow
Posted 2/23/2021 17:54 (#8853627 - in reply to #8853546)
Subject: RE: Hip replacement recovery?

Cen. Pa.
4 Years ago I was told i needed both of my hips replaced and they were worn out for sure. I was not a canidate to have them both done at the same time . They were both done by anterior approach .Here a 2 man operation (me and grown son ) with some seasonal help . I had the first one done July 5th just as we finished harvesting wheat and planting D/C beans . was healed good enough to help with fall harvest and had the second hip done Nov 5th 4 month after the first . I agree summer is best time because walking is the only rehab you need. I recovered well I ditched the cane in 2 weeks each time ,but I agree takes a good 3 month till you feel good and it takes a lot longer untill you are completely healed . I had an idea I could climb up on to the discbine and start cutting alfalfa and i was wrong . To much healing going on I was in agony in 15 minutes . Even 5 months out bouncing around on tractor air ride seat for several hours I would get swelling in my legs .
Both of my surgeries went well , I had mine done at 55 years old buy a sports Ortho Surgeon and he said to me regardless what method of THR Surgery you do It is MAJOR SURGERY and it takes time to heal . He said you should schedule 3 Months that you wont be able to work or be on extremely light duty as kind of insurance. If your recovery goes much quicker just take it as a bouns'.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)