AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cost for drilling a well?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

endrow
Posted 2/25/2021 05:09 (#8856599 - in reply to #8855986)
Subject: RE: Cost for drilling a well?

Cen. Pa.
jcolli140 - 2/24/2021 19:15

Thank you everyone for the replies. I talked to the well guy today, he said he does not recommend drilling deeper or a new well. He said my area is notorious for high iron, some spots are worse than others. He said we are on bedrock so there is no real separation between the aquifers so chances are the one im pulling off now will just leach lower if I try to go under it. I told him I want to put in a second well in the future, he said generally wells in out area are 80 ft, and will run 7500-8500 for everything. He recommended a place to call that he thinks will be able to take care of it through filtration so ill give them a call
We are on bedrock here and have iron problems with our water . Cattle / Dairy took a lot of water and what we started running into the submersible pump in the well would get gummed up with iron sludge and it took a new 1.5 hp pump every 18 month . You have to treat the water in the well . It Takes a Pill Dropper,, it sits on well cap powered by electric line line that goes down to well and is calibrated to drop a chlorine tablet as needed into the well according to how much water is used. It saves pumps and saves all your long water lines from building to building from getting packed full of iron Goop.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)