AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dodge Ram Engines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Joe@RFDG
Posted 2/23/2021 15:52 (#8853441 - in reply to #8853311)
Subject: RE: Dodge Ram Engines

Glenwood, Mn

John EIA - 2/23/2021 02:12 Son is looking at a truck with the Dodge 5.7 V8 and has heard some questionable things about that engine. There is also a truck sitting there that has a 6.2, does that make any difference? John EIA

Interesting. Of all the 5.7l hemis around here I have actually never heard of one that didn't outlast the truck.  I am sure there are some lemons out there, I just haven't ran across one.  2 plugs per hole can get spendy doing tuneups though.  Father in law has north of 200k on his 2007.  Original motor and transmission.  He got the lifetime powertrain when he bought it.  Go figure.  If it was out of warranty that dodge transmission would have ate the bullet (I had a 5.9 diesel and took 3 trannys before 220k).  FIL's is a typical dodge of that era.... Rust bucket.  Of all the reasons not to buy a Dodge, the Hemi isn't one of them.  Speaking of reliability, I don't think I have ever jumped in a Dodge, the one I owned included, that didn't have some sort of electrical gremlin.   I crashed mine because the wipers stopped in a rain storm and I pulled over to the side of the road and rolled it going 10 mph (steep embankment). 

Are you sure you meant 6.2l and not 6.4l?  The 6.2 liter is supercharged with like 700 hp.

The 6.4l are pretty good engines as well.  More power, more torque, slightly smoother running (perception).  DON"T get it with the 6 speed transmission.  Make sure it has the 8.  I hear the 6 speed likes to hunt.  IN theory, the 6.4l in the standard trucks is "detuned" so should last longer.   In theory.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)