AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vilsack Confirmed - Livestock Condemned
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Jrditchdigger
Posted 2/23/2021 18:50 (#8853747 - in reply to #8853208)
Subject: RE: Vilsack Confirmed - Livestock Condemned

Southern MN
Full disclosure I am trying organic on a few acres. I have a friend who is studying the carbon thing quite a bit the past few months and said that organic could be a big winner. The chemicals and commercial fertilizer leave a large carbon footprint so those that do without may be be rewarded. I cant say I agree with it, but that is what he has been telling me. Welcome to government 2021, what makes sense isn’t accepted and the stupider it is the more it is embraced.

The catch phrase now is regenerative ag. The guy in ND is making it work (Gabe Brown) and is quite interesting, not sure how that will work on $300/acre rent ground versus the $50/acre ground he is farming. He is not organic but claims he uses no commercial fertilizer and very little chemicals. He uses cow calf for his system though which I guess is no longer accepted. Whether we like it or not there will probably be more changes in ag the next 20 years than there has been the past 50, am glad the next generation is about to take over as I think everything we do will have to be looked at with a fresh set of eyes to adapt to what’s coming.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)