AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hmmmm... Where's the logic?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hillfarmer
Posted 2/23/2021 05:58 (#8852325 - in reply to #8852313)
Subject: RE: Hmmmm... Where's the logic?

Baby Bull - 2/23/2021 06:45

My science teacher in 8th grade pushed the saving water mantra continually. His big thing was to Continually ride us about how much water we would save if we didn’t run the faucet while we brushed. He would ask for a show of hands continually at the start of class who had shut the water off that day when they brushed. After a few weeks everyone in the class was raising their hand in compliance but me. When it got to this point he singled me out and asked why I didn’t care about saving water. I told him there was no more or less water on the planet than there ever was. Water has existed since creation and the same amount has been on the earth ever since. We never lose water. It is a continuous cycle. He then admonished me for watering the resources used to pump the water to which I replied I lived on a farm that uses tens of thousands of gallons of water a year and that the tiny amount of electricity used to run the water while I brushed wasn’t worth the time it would take for me to turn the knob to shut it off.

Water water everywhere now let’s all take a drink.

but he gets his milk from the grocery store
and his electricity comes out of the plug and always will
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)