AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why do USDA bureaucrats need to know how many of my acres are flex rent?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 2/22/2021 13:28 (#8851085)
Subject: Why do USDA bureaucrats need to know how many of my acres are flex rent?

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA

Got a survey phone call today, was expecting the usual question about acres of corn, hay, beans, etc. Instead, the questions quickly went to rental arrangements, like acres of flex rents. IMO that is private information between farmers and LL’s and it is none of the governments business beyond what they can figure out from 1099 forms. I told the lady that seemed a little personal and asked why they needed to know. Her response was essentially “to help bureaucrats that make laws understand things they don’t know much about”. I responded that unelected bureaucrats aren’t supposed to be making laws in the first place, and if they don’t even understand what they’re making laws about, they need to stay out of it. She responded that she would note that as my response and ended the call.

So what kind of laws are these clueless bureaucrats intending to create that would need something as specific and personal as flex rent information?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)