AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Serial Port Voltage of Ag Devices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/24/2021 07:13 (#8854618 - in reply to #8853851)
Subject: Speaking of remotes

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
co2shaun - 2/23/2021 19:27

Ted that is an interesting note on the signal input module. I hadn't thought about using one that way. I have been thinking about doing something similar with a cheap 4 channel wireless remote.

There is a rather long thread concerning Sprayer remotes and various ways to accomplish the task. A search should locate it.

When I made a remote for another sprayer, it had an Ag Leader system with an Auxiliary Input Module and Liquid Product Module like the present sprayer. With that one I used a 4 channel wireless remote and had the wireless receiver trigger four relays. The relays were SPDT types so I ran 12V to the N.O. terminal and Switch Detect to the N.C. terminal. The common terminal of each relay was then connected to an unused input on the Auxiliary Input Module.

The regular spray configuration remained and was used as usual when actually spraying. I created another configuration which "watched" the inputs which were connected to the wireless receiver/relay stuff. Then I could push a button on the FOB which would cause its relay to cycle from Switch Detect to 12V. The input module would react to this and open that section valve.
That process was repeated for each section. This can work fine.

Since I am using the Auxiliary Input Module with a 5 sections sprayer F1-F6 are used for the normal Master and Sections 1-5. That leaves E1, E2, E3, E4 and F11 available in the Brown connector as well as F7, F8, F9 and F10 available in the Green connector. One of the E inputs can be selected for the Master and wired "hot" or always On. Then wire the common terminals of the relays could be connected to any of the remaining unused pins. For my setup, I chose F4 for the Master and wired it hot, I used E1, E2, E3, F11 and F10 for my boom sections. The test configuration must include the inputs that are going to be used.

With an SC110 smart switch box F1-F11 are hardwired internally and even if they are not being used you do not have good access to them. E1, E2, E3, E4 are available on the loose Brown connector. Using E1-E4 would work with for a Master and 3 section sprayer. I suppose it should work to still use F1 as the Master and then E1, E2, E3, E4 for a 4 section sprayer. One would need to remember to turn ON the normal Master in that situation before crawling out for a boom check.

The advantage to using an alternate configuration and switching to it, is that the product, rate, manual speed etc. will remain and be ready for the test each tine you use it. Any other data from the testing would be associated with the test field that would have been chosen.

Since most wireless receiver boards run on 12V and have a SPDT relay available for each channel that would be a workable solution.

Edited by tedbear 2/24/2021 07:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)