AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strange Question.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 2/21/2021 22:02 (#8850063 - in reply to #8849383)
Subject: RE: Strange Question.....

just a tish NE of central ND
Pretty sure my dad outworked my x-arsh by a BIG margin....IDK, My dad worked the SNIT out of me as a young man and he was 40 years older than me. I could NEVER keep up to his speed and strength physically up into his 70's! There was no way I could have ever come close to his physical capabilities. ....He grew up working with horses and was experience with walking behind a plow, not sitting on it....Pitched silage with a pitchfork and bobsled and not a loader..Pitched the loose hay with forks..Made silage with a Paypeck stationary forage harvester/bundles of corn/ and a pit silo....Loaded pickups and wagons with wheat with a shovel and a bucket and not augers and elevators when he was young...I have photos of him and my uncle Paul in his mid 30 with a team of workhorses in hand at the Gramp's barn and he was built like a BRICK outhouse.......... MAN I'M GLAD I MISSED ALL OF THAT!
I have non farm classmates ranging from broke to very financial comfortable and retired and re-employed for something to do..
You can take 2 different people and drop them into two different scenarios at the same time and the end results will most likely be significantly different for each.
..I had a VERY family like relationship with all of my classmates through 12 years of school. Some of my classmates with EVERYTHING going for them at high school fell off the wagon into temptations and poor management, and In some sort of way I feel really sorry for the path that they chose weather its choosing big successful careers and wealth over having a family or those that the drug pressure got to them after graduation and it raised havoc on their lives... or those that had accidents or diseases and never fully were capable again or couldn't work due to their health.
Life has been good to me even though some of the careers choices I made along the way didnt turn out as planned. The lord has been good to me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)