AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good idea, bad idea...manure spreading?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 2/21/2021 12:35 (#8848645 - in reply to #8848589)
Subject: RE: Good idea, bad idea...manure spreading?

western iowa,by Denison
well the original poster should not be discouraged-personally as a young man I jumped at anything that looked like it would make $1 over my 99cent investment-much as I still feed cattle today-lot of people put a value on there self-I have always put a value on the other persons time and that mine is worth nothing.
I raised my silage choppin rates-only because I had to pay the help and pay for parts. I told one customer that has a vast knowledge of things that cost I would do it for free but everyone else want's paid.!!

I have meet lots of great people from farther away doing custom work, sometimes that is worth more then all the gold in the world'

"I have always told anyone that knows me-my time is worth nothing. I'm still amazed how time is the biggest cost."

If your really serious about hauling manure there's lot of guys looking for grunts that show up and haul for 3-5 day stints around the clock-night shift or daylight to night hauling-good chance to run equipment-get knowledge-and see if you want the commitment and not have to quit your day job and invest.

You might really enjoy it or you might not!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)