AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rolling HTA’s at elevator for dec 21 contract?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

CSE
Posted 2/21/2021 18:29 (#8849466 - in reply to #8849422)
Subject: RE: Rolling HTA’s at elevator for dec 21 contract?

Sioux Falls, SD
My math was wrong on the 9c. Should be 6c. I fully understand my in and out cost. Have the ability to store a couple train loads. Dryer on 3 phase and ng. Won't argue on the merits of storage. Own about half Ours and then rent an additional site. Send a fair amount of corn east to feed mills in the off season. In 2019-20 we dried 100% of our corn crop both years. Most years it is 40-50%. Last year none. Still stored about half the corn crop and 30% of the beans (basis contact, on what wasn't sold in the fall). Moved corn in the last 60 days, two bin bottoms left. Most hta, some futures to let the deliver point not be fixed. I didn't capture a lot of 5 dollar corn but a little.

Crop is scaled in on a certified scale and tickets when delivered. Have a pretty good idea on my handling loss. I am not arguing on the merits of rolling an hta, however trying to point out the associated costs with doing it. 11c doesn't seem like enough carry to cover those. Also what does his elevator charge to roll.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)