AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Have you ever lost contact with someone and learned later it was because they passed away?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pigpiggy
Posted 2/20/2021 23:18 (#8847778)
Subject: Have you ever lost contact with someone and learned later it was because they passed away?

Texas
Last year, almost exactly a year ago from today, I posted a thread on here asking for prayers for my cousin. He lived a very adventurous and rugged life alone on a mountain. His main career had been as a wildlife biologist and so he felt at home with bears, mountain lions, and all the other critters of the forests. He had hoped to get a grant to help pay for a study on Wolverines which had been sighted in that part of Oregon. In fact, he had been tracking one or more in the snow.

My last conversation with him was in late February of last year. He had informed me that a second battle with cancer had put him back in the hospital. I knew right away that the situation was different than the first go round. This time he welcomed my prayers and called me sir. He and I had a long history of joking around and keeping things light. But he never called me sir and in the past he’d usually say that he was undeserving of prayers. I never heard from him again despite numerous attempts to reach him.

I kept doing online searches for obituaries and tried contacting the county and even people who lived near the remote community he would drive to. He lived an hour away from that nearest community. I found out absolutely nothing. The funeral homes I contacted said they had no such person on file. It was frustrating not knowing anything. Well, I kept digging and digging. Finally, I found a very and I mean a very abbreviated, online obituary last night for him. It was hard to accept that he had passed away March of last year. All this time had gone by without having an answer. It’s the not knowing that’s so hard. At least he’s no longer suffering. I am thankful for that and to have closure.

Here’s the thread from last year.

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=907339&posts=8...

Edited by Pigpiggy 2/20/2021 23:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)