AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Local restaurants the rest of us need to stop at when on the road
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pigpiggy
Posted 2/20/2021 14:20 (#8846890 - in reply to #8846457)
Subject: RE: Local restaurants the rest of us need to stop at when on the road

Texas
https://www.lytlelandandcattle.com/

Lytle Land & Cattle Company in Abilene, TX. Mesquite grilled steaks. Wish I knew what they use on the steaks prior to cooking. They have chicken fried steak and seafood too. But I go there for steak.

JT’s drive-in at Childress,TX. Good old fashioned burgers. They have other items on the menu.

Trenton, TX has The Reddy House. It’s a small shack that is family owned and run. The beef brisket gorditas are delicious. Also the brisket tacos are great as well. If you like tamales they offer pork and chicken. But be aware they are spicy. In the mornings you can get a variety of coffees and donuts. It used to be a donut shop. The former owner still runs a donut bakery further away and delivers fresh donuts to The Reddy House each morning. You’ll have to check out their menu to see what all they sell. It’s just a small building that you drive up to the side window to order. You can phone your order ahead to reduce wait time.

https://www.thereddyhouse.com/

Jim’s Krispy Fried chicken in Mexia,TX. I hope the quality of the food here hasn’t changed. It long had a reputation for being very good. There isn’t a drive thru. Last year they weren’t allowing dine-in but there is a window out front you can walk up to order. It is a very popular place so be patient if you hit the busy times of day for a fried chicken fix.

Smokin’ Guns BBQ in Corsicana,TX is a small place where you order at the food trailer out front. It’s nothing fancy but the bbq brisket is pretty darn good. If you want chopped beef be sure and ask for lean if you don’t like fat. It’s right on Highway 31.

Mud Creek BBQ in Ringling,Oklahoma. One of the few places that uses pecan wood to smoke the meat. I ate here way too often but it is delicious. Usually got the chopped beef and sides. You have two choices of bbq sauce if you want it;spicy and regular. Their beef ribs are good too. They have other choices on the menu. Check their hours before planning a stop here.

Edited by Pigpiggy 2/20/2021 18:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)