AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bifocals vs Progressive Lens?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

KevinM
Posted 2/20/2021 13:19 (#8846792 - in reply to #8845828)
Subject: RE: Bifocals vs Progressive Lens?

SE IL

My experience. I got the progressives as the doc said it's hard to go to them after lined bi-focals so I can't say about the lined. She said if don't like the progressive can always go to lined. With all that said there is a learning curve with either but probably harder with no-lines. I got them in my late 40's so have had them at least 15 years. I really like them now but it takes getting used to. Climbing up combine ladder or stairs is a bit weird at first but you get used to it. Working on your back sucks but I suspect it's the same with lined-need a pair of cheap readers from drug store or walmart for that. I have a separate pair of rx sunglasses with progressives also. I hate keeping up with another pair but I really grew to dislike the transition kind. After a while they don't lighten all the way and I do more inside work now so was keeping an old pair around for that anyway. Reading is different as you need to learn to move your head back and forth across the page-can't just move your eyes as they get out of the magnification. I wish I didn't have to have any glasses but I've worn them for 60 years so it's all I know. One thing I do like is you learn to use just the amount of magnification needed instead of all or nothing with the lined. Good luck with whichever you choose.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)