AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OntarioCanuck
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 2/20/2021 13:18 (#8846790 - in reply to #8846706)
Subject: RE: OntarioCanuck

North of London

Now the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep.

Not sure what that would have to do with evolution
It seems to be talking about the development of the solar system but why should we believe any magic from a god was I involved ?

The development is explained by the natural forces of  chemicals.

And the atmosphere we now live in and require to breathe in oxygen from was not the atmosphere of the earth millions of years ago
it took the development of life to use the existing atmosphere and produce oxygen which then Brough about the evolution of other life forms which could use that oxygen to evolve into more species that produced the diverse life on the earth now.

Evolution is the changing of life forms to better survive and reproduce.

Why is is 'shocking' for a farmer to not believe in magic instead of accept and understand what we do by encouraging (forcing) evolution to produce more and better food from other life forms than would naturally occur?
That is what should help farmers understand just how evolution works instead of magic.

And it is not a mystery how a child develops using the DNA which is used by all life forms to pass on the info needed to reproduce an new individual.
After all DNA is found in even the simplest single cell organisms which is natural since life began as a single cell organism and evolved from there continuing the use of DNA to pass on the instructions. So the single cell does not morph into all the different cells in our bodies but it carries the instructions in the DNA t produce the different cells and organs in our bodies.  Errors in the DNA is what leads to evolution as any mutation that is 'beneficial' is carried forward in reproducing that individual with the mutation. If the mutation is detrimental then there is less chance that individual will end up reproducing.
Just as we as farmers 'force' cows that milk more to be the ones to be reproduced and the ones with poor production to be culled.

That is why I can not understand why believers, especially farmers, do not see how the real world works.

Feel sorry if you wish but I would feel badly if I had to reject what we know is true just to believe in what is outside reality.
While you are feeling sorry I will be quite content to continue to question, read and understand how the universe works in reality, no magic required.

BTW you say 'even Satan knows there is a god'    Now IF there are any gods then Satan would be a god too since it would be a supernatural being too (I would think all those other 'demonic spirits' would be gods by definition too) so it should  know that gods exist.  That is IF they exist.  I am still waiting for proof before I would accept that as a fact and no, old books are not proof

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)